Over 480,000 windows installed since 1991, and our main goal is always energy efficiency and airtight installation that will last you for the next 30 to 40 years. The Super Spacer and Stainless Spacer are two great options.
The video below discusses the U-Factor, SHGC, and Glass Options for Windows and Doors. The Super Spacer and Stainless Spacer will make a difference on the U-Factor.
· NFRC: National Fenestration Rating Council - Every reputable window company will have an NFRC label on each window. This will show the
U-Factor, Solar Heat Gain Coefficient, Visual Transmittance, Air Leakage, and Condensation Resistance.
· SHGC: Solar Heat Gain Coefficient - Anything below .30 is great. The SHGC will measure the ability to keep heat rays out of your home…The lower, the better.
· U-Factor: Once again, anything below .30 is great. .25 or lower in most cases will be a triple pane glass pack. The U-Factor will measure the ability to insulate and keep the cold out of your home in the winter…The lower, the better.
On this page, you'll find an example of an NFRC sticker that comes on all reputable windows. Some window companies don’t want you to see the NFRC sticker.
ALL ENERGY PERFORMANCE RATINGS ARE LISTED ON THE NFRC LABEL.
R-Value: The measure of thermal resistance.
· You can get the R-Value by dividing .01 by the U-Factor and moving the decimal over two.
· This will ensure you are getting exactly what you want when comparing apples to apples with other window companies.
Center Glass Rating: Glass Rating ONLY
· This is good to know; however, this rating will not give you the Unit Rating like the NFRC Ratings.
· In many cases, most window companies will give customers the Center Glass Rating, and this rating will be an R-Value, which is always higher than the Unit Rating since they are giving you the glass rating only.
· ALWAYS ASK FOR THE NFRC RATINGS, WHICH WILL GIVE YOU THE TRUE UNIT RATING AND PERFORMANCE OF THE WINDOW.
Super Spacer vs. Stainless Steel
The Super Spacer structural foam design blocks the path of escaping heat for more efficiency than just about any other type of spacer, minimizes conduction, and helps prevent condensation. See more information on the brochure below.
STAINLESS STEEL SPACER
With the Stainless Spacer, Insulated Glass Units flex instead of the sealant, thus resisting spacer movement and sealant failure and helps prevent condensation. See more information on the brochure below.
Both the Super Spacer and Stainless Spacer, in 95% of cases, drop the U-Factor by .01. (Example: A double pane glass unit on a double-hung window, the U-Factor would drop from a .29 to a .28) If you add the foam-filled frame, that can also drop the U-Factor by another .01, which would bring the U-Factor down to .27! All Energy Star Rating that are prescriptive and equivielnt energy performance.
Click "Download" to view the Window Spacer and Glass Option brochure of your choice for the Super Spacer and Stainless Spacer available in Indianapolis, Carmel, and Fishers.
We love to hear from our customers. Let us know how we can help, we are here to answer any questions regarding super spacer or stainless spacer. We are also available via LIVE chat or by phone!
8888 Keystone Crossing, Suite 1300 Indianapolis, Indiana 46240
07:00 am – 08:00 pm
Live Representatives are Available 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week!
8888 Keystone Crossing, Suite 1300, Indianapolis, IN 46240
Copyright © 2022 Factory Direct - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Team Factory Direct